Gas Heat/Electric Cooling Units Articles
- Recent Heating Study Spells Out Propane's Advantages, Cost Savings, and Environmental Benefits
- ebuild (3/29/2010)
- A comparative home heating analysis by Newport Partners LLC says propane-heating systems are more cost-effective than most other home heating options.
- Hybrid Heat Packaged HVAC System
- BUILDING PRODUCTS Magazine (4/10/2008)
- The Hybrid Heat system pairs a gas furnace and a heat pump, allowing homeowners to use gas or electricity depending on what is most economical for the weather and fuel cost conditions in their area, the company says. The unit combines an 18-SEER Evolution 288ANA heat pump with R410A refrigerant and an Evolution Plus 95i gas furnace with 95 percent AFUE.
- Tools & Equipment Review
- BUILDING PRODUCTS Magazine (4/8/2008)
- Heating and cooling systems account for nearly 50 percent of a house's energy consumption, so choice of equipment and the way it is installed are keys to success for any green builder. And as the focus on energy efficiency has led to improved building shell performance (including high-performance insulation packages and passive solar heating), selecting HVAC components that match the projected energy requirements will ensure that you optimize the system and meet the occupants' comfort needs and expectations.
- Ultra Quiet Trane XL16c Boasts Highest Efficiency in Packaged Units with a Sleek New Design
- ebuild (12/17/2007)
- Trane introduces the highest-efficiency packaged units available. The new Trane XL16c packaged units are ENERGY STAR qualified, rated as high as 16.6 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER)--the highest in the industry--and have sound levels as low as 70 db, not much louder than a normal conversation. Trane backs the XL16c line with a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger, 10 years on the compressor and condenser coil, and five years on functional parts.
- Carrier Introduces Intelligent Home Heating and Cooling System
- ebuild (3/16/2007)
- Using the latest technology from Carrier Corporation, residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems have become infinitely smarter than ever before. Carrier, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), has radically redesigned its programmable digital control for the new-generation Infinity System, giving the homeowner greater control and more ease-of-use for their heating and cooling system.
- Packaged Gas Heating - Electric Cooling Units
- Lennox Heating Appliances